Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane A Cometh!

Well, woke up this morning to find out that Mr. Hurricane Ike is heading right towards this area.

Now, I live in Beaumont, Texas which is about 60 miles east of Galveston. The news is predicting Ike to land this evening. Local city governments have ordered mandatory evacuations of coastal areas and low lying areas. They are predicting 10-12 foot storm surges that could inundate the local cities of Port Arthur, Groves, & Crystal Beach.

As of noon CST, we are having some incredible cloud coverage with really fast moving clouds. I heard on the news that they have closed most overpasses in anticipation of 40-60 mph Tropical Storm Force winds.

I am moving my base of operations to my co-patriot Cooley's house. He has a generator and multiple charging points for the computer.

I have many methods of being able to track this storm including photos, video, & text. I will be bringing you as up-to-date information as I have available as often as possible. Please leave comments as other than this, we are going to be bored as hell!


This photo was taken five minutes ago. At noon.

Yours,

Kevin Herrin

1 comment:

Youston said...

Howdy! Just found your blog via the Beaumont Enterprise's web site.

I'm in Richmond, VA, but my entire family is in Beaumont right now ... they own M&D Supply.

In kind of a sick way, I'm a little sad I'm not there to see it all go down ... I watched Bonnie from my front porch in '86, and I'm missing some crazy weather.

Tropical Storm Hannah came through here last weekend, but it was pretty much of a wuss as storms go.

Still ... looks crazy down there on TV. Good luck, guys!