Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kevin's house updates

I have edited a few more photos from the tree that fell behind my house. It was around a 100' foot tall sycamore. It was beautiful and glorious with white branches that stretched toward the heavens with opening arms. Now, it resides sideways in the most unfashionable of positions.

Apparently, sycamore is a wonderful wood for interior furniture, veneers, and guitars. I would love to reduce this loss into something beautiful. I will be willing to share this incredible tree if someone can help make it into blocks for butcher blocks, sheets for furniture, tops for tables, and possibly legs for chairs and tables. I really can't bear to see this tree go to waste.

The oak that fell on my house has already been designated for firewood for the wood burning stove that heats the shop and for smoking wood for the BBQ. Yum!

I really wanted to put an incredible tree house in the sycamore. That'll never happen now. I just didn't realize that by wishing for a tree house, it might get reinterpreted as wanting a tree ON my house. Ah well...

Enjoy the fading beauty...

No comments: