Saturday, September 13, 2008

Finally able to post





Well, we definitely lost power last night. Completely. I was able to get an update off to this website this morning concerning what we knew about our situation.

Now I have photos and updates.

It looks like all of Beaumont is without power. Lines are down everywhere and so are trees and limbs. There seems to be a lot of wind damage and minimal flooding.

Elsewhere in the area, its a different story. Most of Bridge City is under water. West Orange has 2' - 3' feet of water. Up to 4 million people in this region are without power. Well, their homes are at least.

My house ended up with a tree through the kitchen. The photos are coming. We'll be updating the video once we have a better or faster or more efficient connection. Right now, I'm updating in the truck under the carport with a phone line run from the house. My power is coming from a power inverter in the truck. I told you we'd find a way!

No comments: